Monday, June 27, 2011

Tragedy in the world of Sweet Tea

Anyone born and raised in Wilmington, North Carolina knows (should know) that The Great American Cookie Company in the Independence Mall is amazing. Not just because there cookies are delicious and that a birthday just isn't a birthday unless you have one of their huge awesome cookie cakes full of icing and goodness... BUT, also because of their sweet tea, and PELLET ice.

Mayfaire, the outdoor shopping experience near Wrightsville Beach is slowly beating out the malls competition when it comes to stores and eateries. There's really not much left at the Mall. Except the food court and the big department stores.

So anyway, Momma and I went to the mall a couple of months ago and I asked for a cookie and sweet tea....Like I've done since I was knee high to a pig's eye. So after making our rounds at JC Penney's, we went to the middle of the mall to grab our goodies and get out of there.

But we couldn't grab our goodies.

The damn cookie company was closed. CLOSED PEOPLE!
No more cookies, and sadly, no more sweet tea. Or pellet ice.

So what is the deal? I have no idea. I do not know what happened with our cookie store, because the one in the Fayetteville Mall is still there... although don't go there looking for sweet tea, you won't be finding any.

If you're keeping track of that top 10 list of Sweet Tea places that I posted here, you may want to cross off #10 "Cookie Place in the Mall"... I'll have to get back to you on a replacement.

Until then, bottoms up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment