Thursday, July 28, 2011

TO-GO...AT HOME!

New comers: read the previous posts to see how I feel about TO-GO cups...

Returners: I have met my match in the world of TO-GO cups. As I stated here PLANS, I arrived in Asheboro, NC today to stay at Dora's house for the night. Upon hauling all of my crap out of my car, we were standing in the kitchen and chit-chatting and what not when Dora says...

OH, By the way, I'm on strike from washing glasses. So, if you want to use a cup, use these...
<Points to large stack of Styrofoam cups....>
Ok, I said. No problem. I totally understand.

Dora then says, and don't worry, there's also lids, and I have straws.


HOLD THE PHONE LADIES AND GENTLEMAN... THE WOMAN HAS TO-GO CUPS IN HER HOUSE!!!!!!!!

It's like Heaven.
Yes, I imagine Heaven has TO-GO cups of whatever you'd like, thanks. And what would be so wrong about that? NOTHING! At least not to this Southern girl anyway. (Or Dora, for that matter).

So, as I sit across from Dora, both of us sipping out of our TO-GO (from home) cups, I feel as if life as I know it, is complete. For this moment at least.

Good company, Good atmosphere, Good Tea, Good Cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment